HEYWORTH HEALTH OFFICE
Welcome to the Heyworth School District Health Office website. Here you will be able to access useful health information, learn about school health requirements, find health forms, and more.
Novel Coronavirus 2019-nCoV Information
- The health and safety of our students is our top priority so we are naturally concerned about the spread of the coronavirus and the impact it could have on our students and families.
- We have been in contact with our local health department, the Illinois Department of Public Health, our local medical community and are taking steps to ensure we are prepared.
- We have been advised by the Illinois Department of Public Health that normal school activities and extracurricular activities should continue as normal.
- We have informed our students the best way to protect against the coronavirus is to take the same everyday precautions against getting sick, like washing your hands and covering your cough with a tissue.
- We are in the process of developing a plan for an outbreak response to protect the health and safety of our students.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For further information, please see:
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) : https://files.constantcontact.com/02c2f3ef001/5085ab84-330d-4b26-a6e2-49c2e7755f2e.pdf
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) at : https://www.isbe.net/Pages/covid19.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html